An Interactive and Educational Website
The Egyptian museum website is used by thousands of students and educators as a valuable and reputable resource on Ancient Egypt. Therefore, the goal of the museum website redesign was to expand the interactivity and reach to help students understand and explore this fascinating period in history. Starting with existing branding, we updated the look and feel to accommodate modern browsers and mobile devices, making the site responsive. Additionally, we kept the design uncluttered and the information easy to digest by not over complicating the layouts. Given the amount of information that needed to be included, we developed strategies that would help the visitor easily find everything. The interactive map and timeline connected with all of the information. Careful attention was given to the user experience of all ages and education levels, from grammar school students to highly-educated adults. The site includes a comprehensive 360-degree self-guided tour. Additional Interactive features:
- 3D renderings of artifacts (from a 3rd party application)
- Extensive videos
- Database of all artifacts
- A custom events calendar allows the staff to quickly make updates by duplicating events for a future date and creating repeating events
- Home page calendar and Google Review feeds keep the site fresh
Custom-user accounts were programmed so the admin can control specifically what volunteers are able to edit and view in the control panel Making the site fully accessible in local Spanish dialect meant creating a mirror of the English site with custom translation. The Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum located in San Jose, California, houses the largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts on display in western North America.
Like what you see?
Drop us a line so we can get started on your project.
View other samples
- Exposure in Local Media – Nursing and Rehab at HomeSuzanne Garcia-Misa2020-05-06T01:15:42+00:00
- Construction Company Website Presents Unified BrandSuzanne Garcia-Misa2020-02-21T19:53:04+00:00
- Custom Order Portal for Distributors – Prime Source FloralSuzanne Garcia-Misa2020-05-05T21:31:16+00:00
- Website for Organizing Complex Data – The Wing InstituteSuzanne Garcia-Misa2020-05-06T01:08:01+00:00
- Commercial Division Microsite -LifeSource Water SystemsSuzanne Garcia-Misa2020-05-05T21:38:48+00:00
- Class A Commercial Building Website – Castro StationSuzanne Garcia-Misa2020-05-06T00:07:42+00:00
- Integrated Communications Campaign -Mattress RetailerSuzanne Garcia-Misa2019-11-19T21:04:02+00:00
- Short Span Steel Bridge Alliance Trade Show Booth and MarketingSuzanne Garcia-Misa2019-11-09T00:10:21+00:00
- Economic Development Printed Marketing – City of HerculesSuzanne Garcia-Misa2019-11-25T19:25:15+00:00
- Simple and Effective Ways to Highlight Special AnnouncementsJannah Lyon2020-05-09T00:29:21+00:00
- Commercial Real Estate Investment Website – NearonSuzanne Garcia-Misa2020-01-30T23:30:03+00:00
- Integrated Marketing Materials – National Rural ACOSuzanne Garcia-Misa2020-05-06T01:25:43+00:00
- Lead Generation Website for Consulting Firm – ManexSuzanne Garcia-Misa2020-05-09T01:05:53+00:00