At the Placemaking Group, we’ve developed an effective branding process to meld your insider knowledge with valuable industry data and audience perceptions. The result is a focused marketing position for your product, service or destination. Our branding process is clear and straightforward, with proven results.
How do we do it? Through a six-step process developed in our 20+ years in the business of marketing communications.
- Market Research Foundation: We gather information from important audience players and groups to fill in between the lines of our existing industry insights. We take into account your competition and the current – and projected – market situation. Vertical and horizontal market information is incorporated in the process.
- SWOT Analysis: We chart and analyze your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats to look at your big picture in a whole new light.
- Branding Blueprint. We combine our bird's-eye industry intelligence with your intimate knowledge of your product, place or business to arrive at a succinct description of the top ten characteristics that combine to create your brand.
- Positioning: We use the SWOT Analysis and Branding Blueprint to craft a clear brand positioning statement. This is at the core of your brand, and imbued in every element of your public relations and marketing communications program. Supporting and complementary messaging is created to communicate with the identified audiences.
- Communication Strategy: The history is known, your position in the marketplace is clear. So what is the overriding communication strategy that will move your company, place or product to the front of your audience’s mind? What are the marketing tools and tactics – PR, Web, ad campaign, identity program, online marketing or special event – that combine to create the desired impression? It all depends on your unique situation.
- Communication Action Plan: Working with the detail and direction gathered in steps
1 - 5, we craft a communication plan to make your branding and marketing program a reality.