Video has become a super hot medium for online marketing. Not only do high-ranking videos improve search engine rankings, but having video on your website can be an effective way to engage your audience, drive web traffic and convert customers. In this post, we discuss six ways to build your brand with video.
- Customer Testimonials
- Product Presentation
- Product Demonstration
- Case Study
- Corporate Overview
- Training — Step-by-Step instruction or how-to
There are some impressive statistics that show the growing power of video today.
- Drive web traffic — Banner ads with video generate 6 times as many post-ad site visits as standard banner ads. (Source: MediaMind)
- Increase sales — Enjoyment of video ads increases purchase intent by 97%, and brand association by 139%. (Source: Unruly). Also, a recent study from unBounce shows explainer videos can increase conversion rates by almost 20%. (Source Unbounce)
- Go Mobile — Two-thirds of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2016. (Source: Cisco)
- Use a Proven Medium — In the US, 181 million people watched more than 39 billion online content videos during September 2012 (Source: comScore)
- Increase email click-through — Including the word ‘video’ in the subject line of an email will boost click-through rates from 7-11% and emails that contained an embedded video achieved a 21% higher conversion rate according to Business 2 Community.